In the Checkout Check-In, I’ll be checking in with you guys about the items I’m checking back into the library. . . and everything I’m checking out. Consider it partially a TBR, partially an accountability post to myself to READ THESE BOOKS.
It’s been about a month since the last check-in, so let’s check on how I’m doing!
- Exquisite Corpse. This was a graphic novel & a quick read. I didn’t love it, but I was entertained & there were some interesting parts.
- A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab. OF COURSE as soon as I picked this up from the library it jumped to the top of the TBR. I’m reading it now, albeit slowly and in chunks because that’s how my reading time comes this day. I’ll probably power through and finish it on my day off tomorrow, though, because I really want to read it all at once.
- History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera. I loved More Happy than Not, so of course I was going to pick up Silvera’s newest work. It will probably make me cry, so I’ll have to save it for a day when I know I won’t be going anywhere.
- The Island by Oliva Levez. This is an interlibrary loan, so I need to read it quickly. It sounds interesting!
- George by Alex Gino. I know I’m late to reading George, but hey, I’m picking it up now!
- 10 Things I Can See From Here by Carrie Mac. This book’s been getting mixed reviews, but I know it’s a f/f story with a MC with anxiety, so I really want to give it a chance and hope it exceeds my expectations.
- Our Own Private Universe by Robin Talley. This is another one I feel iffy about. I’ve loved some of Robin Talley’s previous books, but I have heard some things about this one. Nevertheless, I’m gonna give it a chance and see what I think.
- Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer. I’m so excited to jump into the Lunar Chronicles world graphic novel! It’ll be exciting to be back in that universe.
- Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. Yes I STILL have this out from the library. I promise I actually loved Illuminae and really want to read this.
- The Swan Riders by Erin Bow. Same, pretty much.
- The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee.
- One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid.