Last year I wrote a posts about 21 questions to ask yourself if you’re in a book blogging slump. They were meant to be guided questions you could use to reflect on blogging and were specific to book bloggers. Lately I’ve been wanting to revisit the topic because I feel about antsy about blogging. I’m not in a blogging slump, or even a pre-slump. I think I just want to make some changes, so I came up with 20 more questions I think could be useful for any book blogger who felt stuck in a rut or a slump.
1. If I were going to start a new blog *right now*, what would I do differently?
2. If I didn’t have any expectations, how would I blog?
3. How do I feel when I sit down to create a post?
4. Do I like the aesthetics of my site? Why or why not?
5. What’s my favorite social media channel for my blog & why? Can I use it in a new way?
6. Do I feel comfortable with the amount of personality I share?
7. What, if anything, would I stop doing if I didn’t feel like I “had” to?
8. Do I feel limited by ______(blog name/description/etc.)?
9. Is there a way to revisit old ideas and give them a new spin?
10. How would I describe the people reading my blog?
11. Am I happy with my blog growth?
12. how do I feel in relation to the rest of the blogging community?
13. Do I have any blogging regrets? If yes, is there anything I can do to rectify that?
14. Is there a way to streamline any blogging tasks I don’t enjoy?
15. What do I want my blog to look like in a year? Am I on the right path to get there?
16. How does blogging fit in with the rest of my life?
17. What is the best part of blogging for me?
18. Do I enjoy the frequency of my posts?
19. Fill in the blank: If not for _______, I wouldn’t want to blog.
20. What is my biggest blog-related fear? Is it holding me back?
Let’s chat: Have you been in a blogging(or reading) slump before? How did you get out of it? Do you have any questions that you think might be helpful to ask yourself when you feel a slump coming on?