I’m participating in the Book Blogger Love-a-Thon for the second year in a row, which means you might be seeing more post from me this weekend than normal. Just a head’s up! The Love-a-Thon is being hosted by Alexa (at Alexa Loves Books) and is running throughout the weekend. This is my introduction post where you get to find out some things about me & the blog!
1. What’s your name?
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I’m blogging from Texas, and also the land of slow internet(which gets annoying, let me tell you).
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I’ve been blogging off and on in various blogging communities for about four years. None of them stuck, because I wasn’t really passionate about any of the things I was blogging about–or I was, but not in a committed way. I go through interest easily. But I’ve always been interested in books. I hoped when I started Book.Blog.Bake. that it would be the one that would stick. And it has so far!
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I like books. I like blogging. I like baking, and I also liked alliteration.
5. What genre do you read & review most on your blog?
It’s a mix really, but I review mostly young adult contemporary or science fiction and fantasy books.
6. What other types of post do you do on your blog, other than reviews?
I post a Top Ten Tuesday nearly every week and frequent discussion posts. Some of my favorite discussions are my posts about what books taught me and 21 questions to ask yourself when you’re in a book blogging slump. I also sporadically do some features like my If TV Characters Read YA series.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
I think probably being in the acknowledgements of Dangerous Boys!
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
I love just the general EXCITEMENT and having other people who love talking about books. I love when, for example, I re-read a favorite series and talk about it on twitter & people can chime in. It’s just a book-based community aspect I don’t have anywhere else in my life. There are so many smart & talented people in the blogging community, & I’m glad I’ve made some friends in it.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for in 2015!
1. Winter by Marissa Meyers
2. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
3. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
4. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
5. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
That was tough! There were a good few books I considered, but I think these are my top 5.
10. What’s an underrated book or series you think everyone should read?
11. Which book boy or girl would be your BFF?
I feel like this is probably a common answer, but I’d like Hermione to be my BFF please.
12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I just really like stories in all sorts of forms. I love writing(probably #1 interest of mine besides reading), watching TV, and music. All of those things I get really into. And then other things I enjoy but am slightly less passionate about: tennis(playing, not watching), baking, and sometimes I like to dabble with photography but I haven’t really dedicated the time to that one to learn a lot.
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
I’m not a huge shopper, to be honest. I don’t like shopping for clothes & I don’t like owning a lot of stuff that’s not useful. That being said, I have a weak spot for stationary & scarves.
14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song–and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
I never know how to answer that question, despite how much I love music, probably because 85% of the music I listen to is not the music that would ever be playing at a party. Keeping that in mind, I’ll go with Chase This Light by Jimmy Eat World. It’s not the #1 song I’d pick as “my” song, but it’s the most upbeat song that I associate with myself for some nostalgic reasons.
15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a TV show/film you want turned into a book.
I think The Lunar Chronicles could make an amazing TV show.