A fact about me: I don’t really watch movies.
I can list the movies I’ve watched so far in 2014: Catching Fire, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, a comedy I don’t remember the name of with my roommates, and Singin’ in the Rain(my all-time favorite). That’s less than a movie a month. I always say I prefer TV to movies, and that’s true. I like how TV shows allow you to go deeper with character development and plotlines. There’s just more you can do in eleven hours rather than two.
BUT. . . I’m not sure I’ve given movies a far chance. So I decided to embark on a project. . . to watch ten new-to-me movies the rest of 2014. I know to some people that number is nothing, but to this not-really-a-movie-watcher it is. I’m going to try to vary movies by genre, release year, etc. And that’s where YOU come in.
See, I’m painfully out of the loop when it comes to movies. I need recommendations. I’m going to add some other movies to the list, but I wanted to get recommendations too. And the recommendations I take and watch? I’ll be discussing them on the blog. So please, give me all your movie recommendations!
- I love musicals.
- I want a good number of “older” classic films & newer releases. I basically haven’t seen any classic films other than like thirty minutes of Casablanca and of course, Singing in the Rain.
- I like strange things.
- I hate hate hate “stupid” comedies. Like, if it’s a movie Adam Sandler or Will Ferrel star in or COULD have starred in, that movie is not for me.
- I don’t have cable or Netflix, so most of these movies will be coming from my library or Redbox. So while I want recent movie recommendations too, nothing released this year, please.
- I love: historical movies, action movies(but not if it’s just for the sake of action), adventure, and drama.
- I get scared in movies easily.
So. . . on your mark, get set, GO. What are movies everyone(and by everyone, I mean me) watch? What are some of your favorite movies?