So with the end of the year comes reading challenges for the next year. Last year, I only signed up for one challenge–the Feminist Reads Challenge. I haven’t actually kept up with it that well, but I have a feeling if I added it all up I would have met my goal. I read a lot of books with great female characters. What challenges am I hoping to follow through with in 2014? I try not to go overboard, so here’s what I have so far:
The 2014 Series Challenge hosted by Octavia at Read.Sleep.Repeat.
I really want to participate in this challenge because it’s all about FINISHING those series. And I have way too many series left unfinished. Octavia has come up with a badge system, and I’m shooting for a gold badge. My secret goal is that I might do really well and get to the platinum level, but we’ll just have to see since I know 2014 will be bringing a lot of changes in my own life.
You can read the official rules for the challenge on Read.Sleep.Repeat, but basically the goal is to finish a series or at least read all the currently released books in a series. So the series I’m hoping to finish/get caught up on?
1. The Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy (I’ve read the first book, need to read the second & third)
2. The Shatter Me trilogy (I’ve read the first, own the second but haven’t read, and the third comes out next year)
3. Masque of the Red Death (read the first, need to read the second/last book)
4. Reboot by Amy Tintera (read Reboot, Rebel comes out in the spring)
5. Pivot Point by Kasie West (read Pivot Point, Split Second comes out next year)
6. Chaos Walking trilogy (read the first, owned but haven’t read the second and third books)
7. The Selection trilogy (read the first two, The One comes out next year)
8. The Demon’s Lexicon trilogy (read the first one, owned but haven’t read the second one, will get my hands on the third one)
9. The Millennium trilogy (read & owned the first two, own but haven’t read the third book)
10. The Gemma Doyle trilogy (own but haven’t read the first two books)
As you can see, there’s a lot of series I’ve started but have not finished. I definitely have more, so these may not be the actual series I end up finishing, but right now they’re the main ones I’d like to focus on.
I LOVE re-reading books, but haven’t done so as much since I’ve started blogging. Re-read January is being hosted by Kelley of Another Novel Read and Rinn of Rinn Reads. My goal is to re-read at least ONE book for every NON re-read I do. So if I read 3 new-to-me books in January, I also need to re-read 3.
Books I’d like to re-read(just a list off the top of my head–my final list may change)
1. Pivot Point(in time for Split Second!)
3.Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
4.Cinder(I remember Scarlet pretty well, but I’d like to re-read Cinder before Cress comes out)
5. Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer(this is just one of my comfort reads.)
I might be adding more to this posts if I discover new challenges I want to participate in, but if 2013 taught me anything, I know not to overwhelm myself with challenges!