Guess what? Today is Sunday, September 29th. That means yesterday was September 28th. And what happened on September 28th? Yes, that’s right, the Austin Teen Book Festival. It was the first time I’d been and I dragged a friend along with me and it was SO worth our early morning start!
I could ramble on and on for paragraphs about it, but I’ll try to keep it short. Highlights:
- Meeting fellow Texan bloggers! Which felt so surreal the whole time(so forgive me if I said something awkward/weird) I had an awesome time meeting Kelley, Amanda, and Megan!
- Getting to hear awesome panels. I really loved all of them, but I went to one called Into the Heart of Darkness which was moderated by Victoria Scott SO well. It was a great mix of fun + entertaining.
- I got to get my copies of Cinder & Scarlet signed by Marissa Meyer!!! This was. . . I don’t even have words. Seriously one of my favorite series since Harry Potter and we actually had a quick conversation about my name & how unusual it was and all that.
- Getting some pretty awesome books!
- Just being inspired in a creative way. I think that was one of the best part about the whole day. Being around tons of people who love books & stories and hearing people who have written such incredible books & stories.
On Monday I reviewed Tumble & Fall.
My top ten Tuesday was about my top 10 favorite sequels. . . EVER.
Wednesday I decided to talk about GoodReads.
Thursday I shared an immensely personal post: My review/reflection of A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness.
Friday I shared some ideas about why I sometimes read books I don’t like.
And Saturday I had a post as part of the 15 day book blogger challenge about the last book I wanted to fling across the room.
The only thing I managed to read this week was a hundred or so pages in The River of No Return, which I ended up DNF-ing. I’m not quite ready to declare a reading slump yet, but I think I may be getting there. Hopefully, though, the inspiration and creativity from Austin Teen Book festival will get me out of that now, though.
Well, book festival means I did get quite a few books. I already owned Cinder & Scarlet, but I did buy some books the night before ATBF/during ATBF for signing purposes. I got:
The Gardner by S.A. Bodeen
White Cat by Holly Black
Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
I’ve already read Where the Stars Still Shine, but I read an ARC & I loved the book so much I really wanted a finished copy. Other than that, I haven’t read any of these books, so my reading list has been expanded exponentially!